The Town of Mills offers a wide variety of benefits, including, but not limited to the following:
- Beginning salary: $45,240 ($21.75 /hr) for non-certified officers and $47,320 ($22.75 /hr) – $55,640 ($26.75 /hr) for certified officers depending on experience;
- Opportunities for additional paid specialized training/certifications;
- Opportunity for selection as a Task Force Officer and Special Agent with the Department of Criminal Investigation;
- Opportunity for the selection and participation as an operator on the Natrona County combined agency Special Response Team (SRT).
- Annual wage evaluations with raises as determined by the Town Council for merit and/or cost of living;
- Paid vacation (beginning with 2 weeks per year) and increasing for every 5 years of employment;
- 60 hours of banked holiday pay issued at the beginning of each year. Can be used in lieu of, or in conjunction with paid vacation;
- Sick Leave;
- Health & Dental Insurance paid by the Town (for employee only);
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance;
- Retirement Plan with both Town and employee participating. Per state statute, eligible for retirement after 20 years of continuous service.
- Take home car program after completion of POST certification and Field Training.
For a more detailed explanation of benefits, please contact the Police Department directly.